Although it’s obvious the Gulf Region is in dire straits in the wake of Hurrican Katrina, there is specific information on road closures posted on the Dept. of Transportation websites of affected states.
Digested here is what Fleet Owner has found; the Louisiana information is the sketchiest:
- Bayou Blue Pontoon Bridge crossing Intracoastal Waterway is closed. Repairs are being made to the winch.
- LA 1054 will be closed from US 51 to LA 1054/LA 1055 in the Greenlaw Community for approximately three years to change out six bridges.
- US 90 B, Eastbound Westbank Expressway over Harvey Canal reduced to two lanes
- LA 438, Eastbound lane at the Bogue Chitto River Bridge closed indefinately
- I-10 closed for search and rescue from Louisiana to Alabama
- Hwy 90 closed for search and rescue from Louisiana to Alabama
- Hwy 49 closed for search and rescue from Seminary to Gulfport
- I-59 closed for search and rescue from Laurel to Louisiana
- Hwy 63 closed for search and rescue from Lucedale to Moss Point
- Hwy 607 closed for search and rescue from I-10 to Stennis Center
- Hwy 84 closed for search and rescue from Collins to Waynesboro
- Hwy 98 closed for search and rescue from Mobile to Hattiesburg
- I-110 closure for search and rescue from I-10 to Hwy 90
- Hwy 605 closed for search and rescue from I-10 to Hwy 90
- One lane in each direction of traffic will be open on the Cochrane-Africatown USA Bridge, which was closed on Monday
- The Causeway closed for damage assessment. The Causeway consists of U.S. 90/98 and connects Mobile County to Baldwin County, running parallel to I-10
- No reports of problems along I-65 in Baldwin and Mobile counties
- Traffic is heavy around the Wallace Tunnel on I-10, tunnel limited to one lane in each direction