A new six-page brochure from Dana Corporation’s Commercial Vehicle Systems group provides a component-by-component description of the features and benefits of Spicer Life Series® heavy-duty driveshaft assemblies. The brochure and ordering information are available at www.roadranger.com/spicerlife.
The piece includes information on how Spicer Life Series driveshafts can save truck owners as much as $1,400 per truck due to reduced system weight, as well as parts reductions and lowered maintenance costs. Another section outlines the decreased operating costs, longer life, and heavy hauling performance benefits of the Spicer Life® XL® universal-joints, which offer extended initial lubrications intervals for linehaul applications of up to three years or 350,000 miles.
The brochure also includes information on the following:
- How the patented spring tabs on Spicer Life driveshafts reduce looseness and help decrease unwanted vibration;
- How the GlidecoteTM slip splines and boots incorporating Hytrel® increase balance, strength, durability and torsional stiffness to further minimize vibrations;
- Permanently lubricated slip members that provide superior protection against contaminants and eliminate the need for maintenance;
- How the increased driveshaft tube diameter, coupled with decreased wall thickness, improves strength and reduces weight;
- How the new Spicer XCTM center bearing reduces bracket complexity, improves driveshaft performance, and reduces downtime;
- Quick Disconnect™ end yokes that reduce deflection, improve strength, and simplify maintenance; and
- Torque ratings, swing diameters, tube sizes, warranty information, weights, and more on heavy-duty Spicer Life Series and Spicer 10-SeriesTM driveshaft assemblies.
Spicer Life Series driveshafts were designed to meet the increasingly demanding challenges of high-torque, high-horsepower vehicles and are fully compatible with electronically-controlled engines and lower axle ratios.
For more information on all Spicer driveshafts and other Roadranger products and services, visit the Internet at www.roadranger.com, or write to Roadranger Marketing, P.O. Box 4013, Kalamazoo, MI 49003. To reach a Roadranger right now, dial 1-800-826-HELP (4357) in the U.S. and Canada. In Mexico, dial 01-800-826-4357.
The Roadranger® solution is an unbeatable combination of the best drivetrain, chassis, and safety components from Dana Corporation and Eaton Corporation, all backed by the Roadrangers – the most experienced, most expert, and most accessible drivetrain consultants in the business.
Dana’s Commercial Vehicle Systems group designs, manufactures, and markets front-steer, rear-drive, trailer, and auxiliary axles; driveshafts; steering shafts; suspensions; and related systems, modules, and services for the commercial vehicle market. Major components and modules are marketed under the Spicer® brand name.
NOTE: This content is supplied by manufacturers, associations, and others in the trucking industry. It is neither written nor edited by FleetOwner