Software provider Data Dis has released version 7.10 of its MIR-RT software. The new modules in MIR-RT (maintenance, inspection and reporting in real-time) address the requests from service centers and retail garages looking to use the software, the company said.
The software helps simplify maintenance operations management with compound process improvement that reduce costs, maximize vehicle uptime, further simplify work for mechanics and improve safety and compliance.
In the new release, a service request module now allows the creation of a new request or sub-request that can be assigned to a work order, planned to a supplier (the supplier will receive an email notification), or added to the shop’s to-do list. The work to be performed, details and the results can be managed in a work order. There is also a new invoicing module that provides more control in a simple, fast and efficient interface created to improve invoicing versatility. This module provides options to create invoices, open invoices, quotes and credit notes for parts, repairs or anything else without using the work orders module.
New functionality in the release includes:
- New option to login with secure microchip key – eliminates password type-in to save time and money in the garage
- New supplier categories for improved searching capability
- New approval system for external work orders and purchase orders with email notifications – great for any purchases requiring management approval – based on approval hierarchy and maximum user purchase limits – provides an easy communication and authorization process
- New static reports – As requested from our current users, 10 new concise reports are available from the Query menu, in the main window.
- New section in RT-Mode: Request, Cause and Correction – provides more precise documentation of an issue.
- Addition of a status system – makes it easier to follow the work order management process
- Concept of sub-requests – allows for better accuracy in documenting highlighted problems during the process and can be used to associate preventative maintenance, notes or repairs to do and link them to the main request.