Geotab announced the availability of GO RUGGED, developed for fleets with industrial heavy-duty and service vehicles. “Ideal for use in construction and engineering, agriculture, utilities, oil and gas, and mining, the GO RUGGED device provides users with increased visibility of location and status of equipment, powered assets and trailers; improved maintenance planning and reduced fuel costs,” the company said.
“Heavy equipment, yellow iron, farm equipment and various fleets often face a unique set of challenges due to their exposure outdoors,” said Geotab CEO Neil Cawse. “With the GO RUGGED device, owners and operators can be assured that operations will continue to function at an optimal level, regardless of the harsh terrain their vehicles or equipment encounter.”
The GO RUGGED features a rugged exterior enclosure for fleets battling through harsh elements. Additionally, the GO RUGGED allows for installation outside of the vehicle, is designed to the IP67 standard – an international rating for protection against intrusion of solid objects, dust, accidental contact and water – and offers engine data reporting on the Primary CAN BUS, the company added.
Additional features of the GO RUGGED, which are also found in the Geotab GO7 device, include:
- IOX expandability, which allows users to expand the capability of their fleet management solution
- In-vehicle driver coaching via IOX-BUZZ or the Geotab GO TALK
- Accident detection and notification
- Built-in auto-calibrating accelerometer
- Engine and battery health assessment
- G-force monitoring
- Real-time vehicle data and fast GPS acquisition time