Newly launched Gorilla Safety announced the formation of the company and its new mobile application and web-based dashboard.
Gorilla Safety was launched in January 2016, unveiling its mobile app, which the company says is the first cloud-based solution that “fully integrates all the capabilities necessary for safely and efficiently managing short-haul and long-haul vehicle fleets of any size into one platform.”
“All constituents involved in the fleet management process – fleet managers, office staff, drivers, mechanics and owner operators – can use Gorilla Safety to enhance Department of Transportation SAFER scores, reduce insurance premiums, optimize efficiencies, improve productivity, control costs, increase profits and perhaps most importantly, make today’s highways a safer place for all drivers,” the company said.
Gorilla Safety’s platform can be accessed from iOS and Android smart phones and tablets as well as from a computer via a web-based dashboard. According to the company, advanced features allow for the following:
- Recording hours of service electronically through eLogs, Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) or Local Radius Platform
- Managing accidents through real-time reporting, real-time investigation and recount of accident/data collection at the scene, with ability to upload photos and record [voice] testimony of incident
- Performing closed-loop inspections through automated Electronic Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (eDVIR), which integrates mechanic app in real-time (Gorilla Safety is the first company to bring this patented tool to market)
- Tracking fuel use and vehicle maintenance
- Use of GPS to track fleet assets
- Incorporation of an ELD self-certified compliant device that meets guidelines set forth by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) ELD mandate scheduling
- Development and storage of critical (paperless) documentation such as receipts, bills of lading, customized policies and procedures manuals, HR-required documents, training tools, etc., enabling app to be used as a proficient HR management tool for training/managing employees; and citing and storing violations (first company to feature this capability)
- Sharing information among permissible, granted users so everyone is on same platform, has access to same data at the same time and receives customized alerts and notifications to remain complaint and productive
“Gorilla Safety is leading the way in helping move forward what is traditionally a cumbersome paper-laden process that has long been the standard in the trucking industry. Gorilla Safety’s solution directly addresses a void in the marketplace by placing all the functions for successfully managing fleets into one, easy-to-use and easy-to-access mobile app that improves productivity, increases profitability and lowers insurance claims and premiums. The singular goal of this Company is to ensure all roads become safer for every motorist, which is the catalyst behind our innovation. Using proprietary technology, automation and paperless record-keeping and documentation processes that ensure accuracy and safety, Gorilla Safety’s mission is to make U.S. roads safer one truck at a time,” explained co-founder Mark Walton.
Co-founder Tommy Johnson added: “We founded this company to help improve the ways in which fleets are managed so that safety is paramount. As insurance professionals with a combined track record of experience that spans nearly 30 years, we recognize firsthand the benefits a software solution like Gorilla Safety can bring to all parties involved. We deliberately custom designed our mobile app placing their needs first and foremost. Insurance companies can also benefit from their clients using Gorilla Safety as they realize that vehicles managed through our mobile app are safer for the roads, and there will be substantial reductions in payouts of claims when used.”