LAS VEGAS. Rand McNally, marking its 80th anniversary serving commercial shippers and carriers, is launching a new version of its IntelliRoute with MileMaker software, the company announced during the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) Annual Convention here in Las Vegas.
According to the company, the enhanced software enables users to create multiple routes on a single screen to more clearly see routes, maps, and overviews. It also provides enhanced toll data, which includes transponder discount rates, the company added. Rand McNally also said the software is easier to use and view with redesigned maps of higher resolution and an improved user interface.
“This new Enhanced IntelliRoute with MileMaker is a giant step forward, providing additional tools and flexibility for carriers, shippers, and third party logistics providers,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. “Users will be able to quickly run multiple queries in just a few steps. From there, they’ll be able to visualize routes like never before with the new high resolution maps.”
According to the company, the new version includes:
- Higher resolution mapping, which enables more accurate truck-specific, point-to-point routing and mileages; mapping covers the United States, Canada, and Mexico
- A new user interface (UI) to assist businesses in more efficiently processing route inquiries
- New abilities to create and visualize multiple truck routes and route types on a single map
- Toll cost data with transponder options for more accurate planning and accounting
- Enhanced route optimization tools designed to save time and money
- Ongoing road construction updates
- Class-based hazardous materials routing