The app is designed to help identify which Yokohama tires are best for various applications and road conditions. It also contains tools to aid with maintaining optimum tire pressure and maximizing fuel savings.
“We launched Yokohama’s latest version of the app at the 2013 Mid-America Trucking Show, where we received some great feedback from our customers,” said Alan Holtschneider, YTC senior manager, marketing communications. “Business users will find the app to be very easy to use, loaded with information and entertaining as well.”
Updates and features of v1.3 include:
- YTC’s Inflation Pressure Calculator, a tire maintenance tool that recommends appropriate tire inflation levels to prevent tire damage and tire wear.
- Information and 360-deg. tire photography on the new TY517 ultra wide base drive tire and the new RY407 ultra wide base trailer tire.
- A Fuel Savings Calculator, which compares Yokohama’s fuel-efficient tires against the competition.
- Information about YTC’s commercial tire line-up, with 360-degree tire photography, including the Zenvironment line and the company’s EPA SmartWay-verified tires.
- SmartSolution, Yokohama’s innovative communication platform that is divided into four value propositions: longevity, efficiency, availability and dependability.
- A dealer locator to help drivers find the closest Yokohama dealer while on the go.