According to Aljex Software, it now provides unlimited server space for digitized documents and images and they remain instantly retrievable at the click of a mouse. Aljex CEO Tom Heine said documents can be scanned directly into the Aljex system or uploaded. They can be native digital files or scanned images of paper documents. Images such as photographs can be uploaded to Aljex as well.
The company explained that:
- A file can be associated with and accessed from many folders within the system, a shipment folder, for example.
- The same file can be accessed in the customer folder or any of its subfolders, which include sales, credit, legal, general, and more.
- Similarly, a file can be accessed from the carrier folder; carrier subfolders include rate agreements, W-9 forms, and more.
- Aljex users can also choose to save an uploaded or scanned file as “public”, accessible by all, or “private”, accessible only within the company or to specific people.
- In all cases, documents and images can be found quickly and easily. And now, there is no limit on how many documents can be saved or for how long.
“Aljex customers always have access to these,” Heine said. “A file can be a bill-of-lading, a proof-of-delivery, a claim form, an insurance document, an Excel spreadsheet, or a photo. Almost anything, and it will always be associated with the categories you choose.”
Unlimited document and image capacity puts Aljex another step ahead of other hosted TMS (Transportation Management System) providers, Heine noted.
“Most hosted applications limit stored scans and uploads,” he explained.
“That may help them preserve server space, but in some cases it means customers have to store some critical documents on their local computers where it’s difficult to make them as readily available. It also means they may not be available at all if the user is logged on from a different computer, away from the office maybe.”
Heine said Aljex would rather keep adding server capacity – much like Google does -- than inconvenience customers. “It just makes sense,” he added.
Aljex Software, based in Middlesex, NJ, provides software and business systems for third-party logistics firms and carriers. Clients include freight brokers, rail inter-modal, airfreight forwarders, container draymen, and logistics companies.