PHOENIX. ALK Technologies today announced the release of CoPilot Live Truck for iPhone, the first voice-guided GPS navigation app designed specifically for professional truck drivers. Available for immediate download from the iTunes App Store, the new app makes truck-specific GPS navigation more portable and more affordable than dedicated navigation devices, said ALK.
Unlike consumer navigation apps, CoPilot Live Truck provides safe and reliable routes on truck-legal roads throughout North America, the company said. Based on driver and vehicle profiles, CoPilot Live Truck automatically calculates routes taking into account vehicle size, weight, width and load type to avoid commercial truck restrictions.
Truck-specific capabilities include:
- Avoids low bridge clearances and weight/height/width-restricted roads
- Avoids HazMat or flammable materials-restricted roads as appropriate
- Commercial Truck routing options include Practical, Shortest, 53’/102” Trailer or Twins, National Network and Toll Avoidance
- Ability to create custom trip, vehicle and driver profiles
- Truck-specific POIs including weigh stations, CAT scales, rest areas, truck stops, and truck service facilities
- Generate state mileage logs to provide an accurate record for billing and tax calculation
- Based on the award-winning CoPilot Live GPS navigation apps, it features ALK Digital Maps of the U.S. and Canada enhanced with industry standard PC*MILER truck-specific routing attributes.
CoPilot Live Truck is compatible with iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G, as well as iPad 3G.
Detailed product information is available at www.copilotlive.com/truck or go here to view the image gallery.