Pilot Flying J has introduced a new iPhone app to help professional drivers plan trips, identify refueling locations, and locate other amenities.
My Pilot locates any of more than 550 Pilot Travel Centers or Flying J locations across North America. The app provides location and trip features.
“We’ve designed the My Pilot app to serve as a one-stop solution for any road trip,” said Ken Parent, senior vice president of operations for Pilot Flying J. “We believe the new and improved features of the app will provide helpful information, added convenience and peace of mind for our customers.”
The app locates the closest location and lets the user see the current fuel prices for that location. It will also identify other locations in the area through a bird’s-eye view map. Users can also see locations in traditional map, satellite, or hybrid map view.
Drivers and motorists also can plan a trip by entering the start and end points, and the app will show all of the Pilot and Flying J locations along the way.
Customers using the new My Pilot app also will be able to:
- Use one-touch calling to contact any location from the app listing
- Find a location with specific amenities using the simple search function
- Check and compare fuel pricing for all grades at every location
- Rate your visit and let Pilot Flying J know how well the company served you using a simple five-star rating system
- Connect with Pilot Flying J on Facebook, Twitter and the company website from within the app
- Contact the Pilot Flying J Customer Service team to receive assistance
In addition to these features, professional drivers can use the app to:
- Check individual account information such as Frequent Fueler points, number of shower vouchers and Coffee Club status
- Search for all locations that have DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) at the pump
- Rate your shower experience and provide comments to Pilot Flying J to help the company continue to improve shower facilities
Now through Nov. 30, Pilot Flying J is giving away a $200 gas card each week to one lucky customer who downloads the new app.
“We value our loyal customers, and our top priority always is to serve the customer by providing convenience, excellent service and quality products,” said Lynsay Caylor, social media marketing manager for Pilot Flying J. “The gas card giveaway is just one more way of showing our appreciation to those who download the app and choose Pilot Flying J.”
An Android app is set for launch early next year.