Transportation Costing Group (TCG) has issued a series of upgrades for its Customer Profitability Tools as Version 4.3 of the Truckload Cost Information System (TL/CIS) now includes several new capabilities for truckload carriers.
“The latest in a long series of upgrades to our TL/CIS solution significantly expands profitability analysis and reporting,” said Ken Manning, president of TCG. "These upgrades are in response to the needs our customers identified during support calls and while attending our highly popular User Group meetings."
The company said users of TCG’s Truckload Cost Information System can now take advantage of the following upgraded features:
- Spinoff, the program that creates a comma-separated file with cost results for all loads for one or more periods,has been substantially expanded to add more information including driver wages and fuel breakdowns.
- Carriers running lane reports, which rank lanes by most revenue, most profit, and least profit (or most loss), may now have access to a Year-to-Date set of the same reports.
- To help clarify the Fuel-On-The-Fly feature added in the last system upgrade, TL/CIS now displays a “Source of Average Fuel Price” for labels such as “DOE National On-Highway Average,” or “FCA/NATC Weekly Canadian Average,” for those wishing to enter a fuel price to adjust costs.
- The TL/CIS Report Writer now includes a Broker Freight Filter that prompts users each time a report is run whether to include freight moved via brokers, saving considerable effort in having to use report criteria to see freight with this exclusion.
- New monthly costing routines have been added to better identify and apply the cost of returning empties by rail. New tools have also been added to set the Rail pay code if it is not identified separately in the linehaul data.
Rockville, MD-based Transportation Costing Group is a provider of activity-based costing models that are tailored to specific carrier operations. For more information, call 800-328-9700 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.