There are many (sometimes overlooked) nuances to the new Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) mandate for electronic logging devices (ELD) rule that companies and drivers need to understand.
This whitepaper was developed to help fleets and drivers go beyond the broad basics of the ELD mandate to a better understanding of what is really required for compliance with the regulation.
• What is an Electronic Logging Device?
• Why is the FMCSA requiring these devices?
• When does the new rule go into effect and when are company and drivers required to comply?
• Who must comply with the new rule?
• What other requirements were included in the rule?