DALLAS. Citing the high prices, limited parking and long stretches away from family and friends that take a toll on professional drivers, trucking and technology industry veterans on Thursday launched ONE20, a free membership designed to empower the hard-working men and women in the industry to join a community, connect with the people and job-critical information, and save money.
Unlike other solutions in the market, ONE20 is much more than an app, explained Christian Schenk, founder, president and CEO of ONE20, in a pre-launch briefing with platform partners Samsung and AT&T, industry service providers, and trucking editors.
“The technology is not the value,” Schenk said. “The tech is the catalyst, the means to get access to the value. ONE20 membership is an entirely new way to enhance and enrich drivers’ professional and personal lives.”
The focus of ONE20 and its growing list of more than 1,500 retailers and service providers is straightforward: to “radically” improve drivers’ lives on the road and at home.
“Until now, technology has been part of the problem, not the solution, because mobile devices and apps have all been developed with the fleet or general consumer, rather than the driver, in mind,” said Schenk. “Our industry partners have announced their commitment to the trucking industry and the professional trucker by helping us deliver unmatched service with a ONE20 app and tablet, built specifically for drivers.”
ONE20 membership begins with a mobile app that includes truck-safe turn-by-turn navigation and exclusive discounts from ONE20 partners to help drivers save even more money on and off the job. ONE20 also plans to roll out a free, mobile device-based ELD ahead of the e-log implementation date next year.
Additional ONE20 membership benefits will include:
- Off-duty tools, such as trip planning, truck parking locator and point-of-interest ratings, details and deals
- On-duty tools, such as truck-safe navigation that includes traffic, weather, ETAs and multi-stop route planning tools
- Trucking-specific intelligence, coming from member reporting and feedback, on available parking and points of interest
- ONE20 member discounts on things that matter to truckers, from food and showers to lodging and trucking services
- Route-specific member deals on goods and services
- Constant additions to the ONE20 affiliate program, with expanded savings and convenience for members
- Exclusive driver-centric content, including ONE20 Strong, an initiative focused on creating health and fitness programs just for truckers
- The ONE20 Foundation, a recognized non-profit charity with the sole purpose of providing support to truckers when it’s needed most
- TruckThat.com, a place where drivers can connect and sound off about life on the road, reaching more than one million truckers every month since March 2016
ONE20 members can extend and enhance membership benefits by purchasing an exclusive Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8-inch connected Android Tablet, powered by AT&T’s LTE network. The ONE20 tablet will be available online and in stores later this year.
“Samsung supports the need for better connectivity and communication among professional drivers, and our partnership with ONE20 highlights our commitment to strengthening the driver community,” said Dain McCracken, general manager of the transportation vertical at Samsung. “This is game changing. This is an entirely new way of engaging mobility.”
“Drivers are the most connected workers in the world,” added John Moscatelli, director, transportation solutions, IoT at AT&T. “When you find someone who’s going to transform the industry, you pay attention. This whole concept—building a community from the drivers up—is revolutionary. It’s not a change in technology; it’s a change in the business model.”
In addition to the ONE20 app and its suite of products and services, available on both Android and iOS, ONE20 has also launched its website. To learn more, receive updates and register for a free ONE20 membership, visit www.one20.com.