The needs of regional and urban delivery fleets are evolving. According to Goodyear, these operations – which split their time between highway and city driving – want tires that offer a variety of benefits, ranging from long miles to removal and traction to fuel efficiency and retreadability.
Another tire in Goodyear’s new Endurance truck tire line, the Goodyear Endurance RSA, offers all of the above benefits, according to Norberto Flores, marketing manager.
“The Endurance RSA is our best all-around tire for regional and urban delivery applications,” he said. “And it is an important part of the Goodyear Total Solution, which helps fleets lower their operating costs.”
The tire offers more miles to removal – plus lower rolling resistance and more resistance to curb impact damage – than its predecessor, the Goodyear G661 HSA. Other features include:
- Goodyear IntelliMax Rib Technology with contoured sipes for ideal tread stiffness when the Endurance RSA rolls through its footprint. This helps provide regular wear and high mileage potential, plus optimal snow grip
- A tread design that boasts computer-optimized footprint and deep tread depth
- Goodyear steel casing with super-tensile steel belts for toughness and durability
- A dual-layer tread compound for improved fuel economy and greenhouse gas compliance
- A casing for retreadability
The Endurance RSA is available in size 11R22.5, Load Ranges G and H. Goodyear said it will introduce more sizes throughout the year.
“Regional and urban delivery fleets encounter a wide range of road conditions and challenges,” said Flores. “They want a tire that can rise to every occasion. We believe the new Endurance RSA more than fits the bill, and will become the preferred tire for these operations.”