Meritor has introduced a new line of heavy-haul planetary axles for specialty applications, including oil field, logging and mining.
The P600 Series, which includes the P610 and P614, are available in tandem and tridem configurations. They use common components from other Meritor axles, allowing for reduced lead times and quicker customer deliveries.
“Most of the components used in the P610 and P614 heavy-haul axles are the same as those used on high-volume Meritor axles, which have been reliable in demanding applications,” said Ben Reineck, director of specialty for Meritor. “We’re confident that these heavy-haul planetary axles are a great fit for our specialty customers.”
Benefits of the axles include:
- Tandem axle maximum gross axle weight rating at 84,000 lbs. and tridem axle maximum gross axle weight rating at 126,000 lbs. for carrying higher-capacity loads
- Driver-controlled differential lock or inter-axle differential for all carriers and inter-axles maximizes traction
- Anti-lock braking system capability delivers optimum safety and performance
- Non-vented drum brake protects the braking system while operating in adverse conditions
- Fabricated steel housings with brackets accept most heavy-duty suspensions available in the market
- Broad overall axle ratio ranging from 3.46:1–24.8:1 delivers favorable ratio selection for unique and demanding applications