The new Kenworth T680, which debuted at the Mid-America Trucking Show in March, officially hits the road on May 8 as part of a 100-stop tour of the U.S. and Canada.
The truck’s first stop will be at MHC Kenworth in Denver on Tuesday, May 8. The truck will also visit cities in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Nebraska, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin as well as the provinces of Ontario and Quebec.
The T680, available with a 76-in. Aerodyne sleeper or in day cab configuration, comes standard with a 12.9L Paccar MX engine.
“It’s exciting to bring the Kenworth T680 Road Tour to fleet and truck operators in the United States and Canada,” said Erik Johnson, Kenworth on-highway marketing manager. “Many people have now heard about the T680, but there’s nothing like experiencing the brand new Kenworth T680 in person. These dealer-hosted events are your best opportunity to sit in the driver’s seat, check out the sleeper, and walk around the truck’s exterior.”
The tractor will be hauling a double-expanding, 53-ft. tour trailer with nearly 1,000 sq.-ft. of exhibit space. Visitors can watch a feature video on the building of the truck, view T680 displays featuring aerodynamics, a full day cab, the new sleeper, seats, trim levels and interior color options, effortless-closing doors, the headlamp system, and test the new air-assisted hydraulic clutch’s ease of operation, Kenworth said.
There is also information on the low-emission Paccar MX engine and the Kenworth NavPlus system with Bluetooth capability.
The initial stops on the tour are:
- May 8: MHC Kenworth – Denver / Denver, Colo.
- May 10: MHC Kenworth – Kansas City / Kansas City, Mo.
- May 15: Kenworth of Omaha / Omaha, Neb.
- May 18: Rihm Kenworth /St. Paul, Minn.
- May 22: Wisconsin Kenworth – Windsor / Windsor, Wis.
- May 25: Kenworth Concord / Concord, Ontario
- May 29: Kenworth Montreal / Ste-Laurent, Quebec
- June 1: Kenworth of Buffalo / Buffalo, N.Y.
- June 5: Kenworth of Pennsylvania – Carlisle / Carlisle, Pa.
- June 8: Kenworth of Indianapolis / Indianapolis, Ind.
- June 12: MHC Kenworth – Nashville / Nashville, Tenn.
- June 15: MHC Kenworth – Mableton / Mableton, Ga.
- June 19: Kenworth of Birmingham / Birmingham, Ala.
- June 22: MHC Kenworth – Dallas / Dallas, Texas
- June 29: Inland Kenworth – Phoenix / Phoenix, Ariz.