TSE Brakes is introducing UL-Disc Air Brake Actuators specifically designed for transportation equipment using air disc brakes.
“Due to reduced stopping distance requirements, air disc brakes are growing in popularity for both fleets and owner operators,” remarked Ian Shackleton, TSE Brakes director, North American OEM sales and marketing.
“Fleets are also interested in air disc brakes for their safety performance and their potential for reduced maintenance requirements. To meet this market need, TSE Brakes is providing a premium product, the UL-Disc, that features an industry best warranty of up to 7 years,” he added.
According to the company, benefits include:
- Full immersion electro-deposition coating inside and out and an exclusive powder coating finish.
- Main spring adds a proprietary UL base coating in addition to TSE’s multi-stage coating system.
- Self-guided pressure plate assures consistent alignment of spring. Steel APR plate is e-coated to eliminate corrosion degradation.
- Patented bushing assembly provides center seal that traps lubricant for extended service, reducing center section leaks and brake drag.
- Diaphragms feature contaminant resistant rubber reinforced with nylon fabric tested.
- All steel design provides durable, air tight center section to help eliminate leaks, structural failures and prevents galvanic corrosion.