LOUISVILLE. Yokohama Tire Corp. is showing its line of SmartWay-verified low rolling resistance tires this week at the Mid-America Trucking Show. The line features ultra wide base (UWB), drive, trailer and steer/all-position tires.
“Yokohama’s been a big proponent of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) SmartWay program for many years,” said Rick Phillips, YTC vice president of sales, consumer, commercial and OTR. “Our SmartWay-verified tires have all met the program’s stringent, verified low rolling resistance criteria because they run cooler and help reduce fuel consumption, which cuts costs to fleets and benefits the environment.”
The tires on display include:
Ultra Wide Base Tires:
- 902L UWB: A long-haul/regional ultra wide base drive tire that delivers superior traction and high mileage. Its tread design makes a real difference in extreme driving conditions, such as in snow and ice. Available in size 445/50R22.5.
- TY517 UWB: Ultra wide base drive tire that delivers outstanding traction, long, even wear, extraordinary durability and increased retreadability. Available in size 445/50R22.5
- 703ZL: Drive tire was the first produced using Yokohama’s Zenvironment® technology, which produces products that are more fuel efficient and help protect the environment. It features the deepest tread in the industry at one full inch – with the lowest rolling resistance in its category. Available in sizes 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 285/75R24.5 and 11R24.5.
- 709ZL: Drive tire features Zenvironment technology, which combines the latest breakthroughs in casing design, rubber compounding and tread design. Available in sizes 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 285/75R24.5 and 11R24.5.
- TY517MC2: Ultra-fuel efficient line-haul drive tire delivers exceptional traction, long even wear, superior durability and outstanding low rolling resistance. Available in sizes 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 285/75R24.5 and 11R24.5.
- RY407 UWB: Ultra wide base trailer tire features an ultra-low profile that offers excellent fuel efficiency and vastly increased treadlife, adding up to increased payloads. Available in size 445/50R22.5.
- RY587: All-position trailer tire features a combination of long, even original tread mileage, lower fuel consumption, outstanding durability and trouble-free operation. Available in sizes 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 285/75R24.5 and 11R24.5.
- 101ZL Spec-2: YTC’s next-generation long-haul steer tire features an advanced tread compound, improved casing design and even better retreadability, making it one of the most durable long-haul tires one the road. Available in sizes 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 285/75R24.5 and 11R24.5.
- RY023: Durability and high-performance under tough, regional haul and urban conditions are the hallmarks of this all-position tire. It features a tough band of additional rubber that protects the sidewall from scrubbing damage caused by curbing. Available in sizes 215/75R17.5, 235/75R17.5, 225/75R19.5, 245/75R19.5, 265/75R19.5, 285/75R19.5, 255/70R22.5, 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 285/75R24.5 and 11R24.5.
- RY617: High value, all-position steer tire delivers long, even wear, enhanced wet traction and durability. Available in sizes 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 285/75R24.5 and 11R24.5.