Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation this morning:
• Over 70-mph wind gusts and dust wreaked havoc on Utah’s I-80, causing a 17-vehicle pileup and one fatality, according to NBC News.
• Wyoming county says it will crack down on truckers over concern for safety and wear and tear on roads, according to the Douglas Budget.
• The 2014 fuel economy and greenhouse gas regulations, or Phase 1 of a longer-term GHG plan, divide trucks into three groups for reducing emissions, according to a Trucking Info report.
• Money isn’t the main priority for millennial trucker drivers, according to Trucking News Online. According to a survey, millennials seek advancement, the ability to make an impact on the business, and a company that provides development and ongoing feedback.
• South Carolina business leaders urge legislators to pass a bill that contains at least $600 million for road and bridge work, TheTrucker.com said.