Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation this morning:
• A truck driver traveled 625 miles to personally thank the firefighters and medics who extracted him from his overturned tractor-trailer back in October 2013, the Salisbury Post reported.
• Two Seattle elephants boarded a flatbed truck and are traveling 2,000 miles to the Oklahoma City Zoo, OurWindsor.ca said.
• A box truck hanging off Interstate 93 in Boston this morning created problems for commuters on both sides of the highway and on the railway, according to ChicoER.
• Investment analysts at Goldman Sachs upgraded Daimler AG stock to a “conviction-buy” rating from “buy,” according to a report in the Dakota Financial News.
• The American Trucking Association implored President Obama and Congress to promptly fund a long-term highway bill on Wednesday night, Trucking News Online reported. According to the report, the ATA said inaction on the subject would threaten the industry’s ability to move goods.