Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation today:
- The Hill reports on the ongoing battle between trucking interests and rail interests as each pushes legislation in Congress.
- A battle is brewing north of the border between the Private Motor Truck Council of Canada and the Ontario Trucking Assn., as the two organizations fight for members. Today’s Trucking has the rest of the story.
- According to Manufacturing Business Technology, the U.S. Postal Service has named its finalists for its new vehicle fleet and the list includes Workhorse Group and its HorseFly drone delivery system.
- Retail Wire reports on a study from ARK Invest on how much consumers can save in shipping costs with drone deliveries.
- Five nursing students were killed yesterday in Savannah, GA, in a crash that involved three tractor-trailers, one of which failed to slow down before slamming into slowed traffic, according to the Georgia State Patrol. WYFF Channel 4 has the story.
- Demand for natural gas trucks is coming up short, according to new research reported on by TruckNews.com.
- Two Florida men have been arrested in a theft ring that included everything from motorcycles to tractor-trailers, local police told the News-Press.com.