Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation today:
- Troubles at the West Coast ports continue to grow as labor troubles and congestion are affecting operations, says Recycling Today.
- With infrastructure funding a problem everywhere, one man in Big Bear City, CA, has a different issue with the upkeep of his local road: city officials say it’s not their responsibility. Big Bear Grizzly tells his story.
- FOX Connecticut reports on the damage that road salts, used by transportation departments, is causing to vehicles.
- Logistics Viewpoints explores driverless trucks and whether they are really an answer to the driver shortage.
- Crain’s New York Business looks at the differences between former Mayor Bloomberg’s congestion-pricing proposal suggested in 2007 and a tolling plan pitched yesterday by Move NY.
- A truck driver in Tennessee shares his tips on driving safely around big rigs with WRCB TV.
- A millennial in Arkansas has built a consulting business on ways to help companies solve problems in innovative ways. According to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, he is now applying those skills to the truck driver shortage.