Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation today:
- Volkswagen has a vision for pickup trucks in the U.S. and is getting ready to share it, says Motoring Crunch.
- A Nevada company is promising Uber-style services for the trucking industry, says Trucking News Online.
- Cleveland.com says Ohio lawmakers are seeking a ban on trucks traveling in the left-hand lane of any highway in the state.
- Supply constraints for its F-150 are causing a slide in share price for Ford Motor Co, according to Left Lane.
- KTVB reports that Idaho lawmakers are struggling to come up with funding options for the state’s highways.
- The spring thaw means truck weight restrictions on Minnesota roadways. Beginning March 13, new rules go into effect for Minnesota’s North-Central and North frost zones, says the Morrison County Record.
- Green Car Reports runs down the list of updates on Mack Trucks natural gas models.