Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation this morning:
• Volvo’s Ocean Race has made its way to Newport, and trucks have been delivering containers filled with prefabricated pavilions to construct a sailing village at Fort Adams Park. WPRO News has more.
• A 15-foot-wide sinkhole has closed Lehigh Parkway South in Allentown, PA, according to the Daily Item.
• A new natural gas station is set to open in July in Dalton, GA, according to the Dalton Daily Citizen. The station, a joint venture between ampCNG and Trillium CNG, is under construction at the intersection of South Dixie Highway and Tilton Road/Carbondale Road.
• The fruit industry is expanding, and many companies have been investing tens of millions of dollars in new packing lines, increased controlled-atmosphere storage and trucking bays, the Yakima Herald reported.
• The trucking industry has taken the opportunity to make itself heard over CSA, according to a report from Overdrive Online.