Here’s is what is happening in the world of trucking today:
- Ford’s aluminum F-150 is garnering plenty of headlines, but the Chicago Tribune questions the gamble Ford is making.
- A fire in a pallet yard in Fontana, CA, has damaged dozens of vehicles, reports CBS LA.
- Tire pressure monitoring systems and SmartWay are changing trucking for the better, says a story on TireBusiness.com.
- A Colorado start-up focused on building electric trucks has shut down, as the Los Angeles Daily News. The CEO says the company isn’t filing for bankruptcy, though.
- A North Carolina man has documented the colorful images that adorn trucks in his native India. The Citizen-Times offers the details.
- Waste360 offers up its “10 Things You Need to Know” for today, including a slowing in CNG truck growth in the waste industry.
- The Florida Times-Union reviews a Boston photographer’s new book about old trucks called “Dave’s Old Truck Rescue.”