Fleets * Old Dominion Freight Line has elected David S. Congdon president and chief operating officer.
* Brian Hickert Gomez Portugal has been named director of Mexico operations for Consolidated Freightways.
* Tom Anderson has been named vp and general manager of Schneider National Specialized Carriers.
* David Ogilvie, fleet manager for Hewlett Packard (Canada) Ltd., was named president of the National Association of Fleet Administrators.
* James York has been named to the additional post of director of safety programs for the National Private Truck Council.
Suppliers * Rune Alsterholm has been appointed executive vice president and chief financial officer of Volvo GM Heavy Truck Corp.
* Rockwell International has announced the individuals who will serve on the board of directors of the new Rockwell Automotive company, expected to be spun off by the end of September. Larry D. Yost will serve as chairman and CEO. Elected as directors are Joseph B. Anderson Jr., Chivas Products Ltd.; Donald R. Beall, Rockwell's chairman and CEO; John J. Creedon, former president and CEO of Metropolitan Life Insurance Co.; Charles H. Harff, consultant to Rockwell, former Rockwell senior vp, general counsel, and secretary; and Harold A. Poling, former chairman and CEO of Ford Motor Co.
* Bridgestone/Firestone has appointed John Hagg director of commercial corporate accounts.
* Navistar International has named R. Gary Diaz group vp and chief technical officer for the company's truck group.
* Richard M. Gold has been named vp-aftermarket for Cummins Engine Co.
* Joe Kirby has been promoted to director, product marketing, for Mack Trucks.
* Yoichiro Okazaki has been named president of Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America.
* Joseph A. Plomin Jr. has been appointed president of Stewart Warner Instrument Corp.
* Vice Admiral (Ret.) Edward M. Straw has been elected president of Ryder Integrated Logistics Inc.
* Spicer Trailer Products Div. of Dana Corp. has named Don Sitter chief engineer, axles.