There are several road closures due to highway construction and work projects slated for Baltimore, Harford, Carroll, Howard and Talbot Counties in Maryland, according to the Baltimore Sun.
• Through Thursday, Aug. 11, certain lanes of York and Joppa roads will be closed for reconfiguration of the Towson Roundabout. The lanes will be closed
nights from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
• The Trenton Road Bridge over Piney Run will be closed for repairs for two weeks. Work is scheduled to be finished on Aug. 19. During construction, traffic will be detoured to Dover Road, Mount Zion Road and Black Rock Road.
• Cromwell Bridge Rd. between Satyr Hill and Oakleigh roads will be closed between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday, to allow BGE to remove two trees creating a travel hazard. Detour signs will be posted.
• The Cuba Road Bridge will be closed until Sept. 2 for refurbishment. Traffic detoured to Miller Rd., Falls Rd. and Western Run Rd.
• Ruff's Mill Rd. from Route 1 to Thomas Run Rd. will be closed until early December for bridge reconstruction.
• The Mumma Ford Road bridge is undergoing rehabilitation and a traffic detour is in effect.
• Pipe culvert work: Roop Rd., from Route 26 to Route 27.
Road painting will be occurring in various locations until mid-October. Motorists urged to avoid wet paint and watch out for workers on county-maintained roads.
Continuing until the end of September, a 2-mi. section of U.S. 50 between Idlewild Ave. and Schwaninger Rd., near Easton, will have crews from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday through Thursday. Flagging operations will mark work zones.