Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is now accepting nominees for its 29th annual North America Highway Hero program. Nominees will be accepted until Nov. 30, 2011.
“The Highway Hero program was created by Goodyear to recognize professional truck drivers and the life-saving rescues and roadside assistance they provide as their jobs take them across North America,” said Joseph Copeland, vice president, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems. “Through this program, we’ve heard hundreds of stories of truck drivers’ bravery and selflessness. We believe the public should hear about these acts of heroism, as well.”
Last year’s winner was Tilden Curl, who saved the lives of two people, including pulling an unconscious driver out of his car moments before a train collided with the vehicle.
(To read more about last year’s winner, click here)
Nomination forms and program details can be obtained by calling the Goodyear Highway Hero Hotline at (330) 796-8183. The Highway Hero nomination form also is available on the program’s web site at http://www.goodyeartrucktires.com/newsroom/highway-heroes/hero-overview.aspx.
To be considered, the nominee must meet the following criteria:
- The nominee must reside in the United States or Canada;
- The incident must have occurred in the United States or Canada;
- The nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work, and in his or her rig at the time of the incident;
- The nominee’s truck at the time of the incident must have had 14 or more wheels;
- The incident must have occurred between Nov. 16, 2010, and Nov. 15, 2011, to qualify for this year’s program.