The latest version of Maptuit’s NaviGo, version 4.0, includes on- and off-board routing functionality and flexible configuration options to enable the engine to operate under different conditions depending on the fleet’s preferences, Maptuit said.
The added functionality makes NaviGo 4.0 a hybrid navigation product, Maptuit said, capable of leveraging both on- and off-board technologies. The result, the company said, is the accuracy, customizability and the dynamic power of a hosted solution combined with the speed and communications efficiency of in-cab computing.
The system can receive and store incremental route-specific map updates. Because NaviGo initially goes off-board to generate a route, those routes are able to use the server-side map data that is updated constantly, the company said. When NaviGo asks for a route that uses map data not present on the in-cab device, Maptuit’s servers simply send the missing information along with the route.
Through the Easy POI, users can customize the interface.
“Although the functionality already existed, drivers and driver managers suggested we make it easier to access both generic and custom search functions,” stated Luke Wachtel, EVP of Sales and Marketing of Maptuit. “As an example, fleet XYZ might choose to add buttons to a menu on NaviGo that allows drivers to search for fleet authorized health clinics and another button for authorized service stations along their route with just one touch of that designated button. Since NaviGo’s menu is now dynamically configurable, the fleet doesn’t have to up-load a new version of the software to implement these customizations. Once the menu change request has been received by our support team, Maptuit simply publishes the change to our servers and NaviGo will then pick up that change without anyone having to touch the truck.”
Other new features include:
- Enhanced on-board routing for high speed rerouting and for occasions when communications networks are either poor or unavailable
- Optimization of map data caching for increased application performance and reduction in overall communications usage
- Ability to dynamically customize the user interface in order to allow for menu configurability on a fleet basis
- New map color scheme for better in-cab viewing in various lighting scenarios
- New geocoding wizard
- Improvements to the “Night Mode” scheme
- Improvements to dispatch workflow
- Improved design of driver feedback user interface
- New “Easy POI” menu design
- Expanded address book (including easy access to recent addresses)