CINCINNATI. The NPTC Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition, which wrapped up earlier this week in Ohio, took time throughout the event to honor those who contribute to the overall good of the industry and the organization.
The professional leadership awards recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to NPTC, their profession and the private trucking community. This year’s award winners were:
- Private Fleet Executive of the Year: Rick Foster, CDS, director, private fleet safety, Wal-Mart Transportation, LLC
- Private Fleet Safety Professional of the Year: Bill Hartman, CTP, manager, private fleet operations, GNC Transportation, LLC
- Private Fleet Member of the Year: Gary Strausbaugh, CTP, vice president transportation, Mennel Milling Company
- Allied Member of the Year: D. Michael Pennington, manager of industry relations for Meritor (formerly Arvin Meritor).
- Membership Development: Brian McLaughlin, executive vice president and COO, PeopleNet
- Daniel P. Smith Life Achievement: Charles Bumb for helping to create the current NPTC.