The American Trucking Assns.’ Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) will hold its 2011 Annual Meeting and Transportation Technology Exhibition from Feb. 8-11 at the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, FL. TMC said the exhibition, running Feb. 8-10, is expected to include more than 300 exhibitors showing off the “latest technology to help fleets improve safety and efficiency”
Full technical sessions will include the “The Utility of TMC Recommended Maintenance and Engineering Practices” and “OSHA Compliance Requirements for Maintenance Operations.”
Mini-tech sessions titles will include:
• Utility of TMC Recommended Maintenance and Engineering Practices
• OSHA Compliance Requirements for Maintenance Operations
• Who’s Watching the Auxiliary Pin Circuit?
• Industry Roundtable on Tire Inflation Pressure Technologies
• ECM-Controlled Fan Drives: Dissipating Underhood Heat in EPA 2007- and 2010-compliant Engines
• In-Cab Spec’ing for Driver Retention and Resale Value
• Utilizing Successful National Parts Purchasing Programs
• New Stopping Distance Regulations and Their Effect on Vehicle Specifications—Part 3
• Trailer Frame and Axle Repair/Maintenance Issues
• Grid Electrification Potential and Its Impact on Commercial Transportation
• Tips, Tricks and Techniques for Maintaining and Repairing Vocational Chassis and Bodies
• Condition-based Maintenance Sensor Technology
• Automatic Transmission Fluids: Why Do They Differ?
• Corrosion: Complaint, Cause and Correction
In addition, more than 100 specialized “task forces” will meet on Tuesday, followed by TMC’s Town Meeting and the grand opening of the exhibition grand opening. Technical sessions will be held Wednesday through Friday.
Early Bird registration on or before Jan. 21 is $475 for TMC or ATA members and $575 for nonmembers. Registration after Jan. 21 is $575 for members and $675 for nonmembers. A spouse’s package is available for $275.
A registration form is available online at: http://www.truckline.com/Federation/Councils/TMC/Meeting%20Documents/2011%20Annual%20Mtg%20Reg%20Form%20(PDF).pdf).
Hotel reservations can be made online at: (https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=2840974) online.
More information on the program is available online at http://tmc.truckline.com or by phoning TMC at 703-838-1763.