Heil Environmental Industries Ltd. has added four new refuse-collection bodies and another new product to its lineup as part of its bid “to offer a model to fit every need and budget,” according to vp-sales Jim McKee.
The new products from the Chattanooga-based manufacturer are:
- PT 1000 “affordable” mid-range rear loader body. It boasts a cycle time of 15 seconds, reload time of 6 seconds, and 3-cu-ydf hopper.
- PowerTrak commercial “top of the line” commercial rear loader body. Allows payloads of over 1300 lbs. per cu yd and a 21-second cycle time and 3.64-cu-yd. hopper.
- PowerLift automated side loader body. It packs up to 1200 lbs. per cu yd, provides 30-in. reach, and can handle steel side-load containers up to 3,000 lbs.
- MultiPack “one of a kind” combination automated side loader & manual rear loader body. Intended for a primary route vehicle, it lets a driver pick up cans as well as bulky items in one stop. It features the new Python arm.
- Python premium automated arm. It has a lift cycle time of 6seconds—up to 4 seconds faster per stop than other systems—and has a 9-ft. reach and quiet operation.
Heil noted also that the MultiPack, Python and PowerLift all incorporate Heil’s operate-in-gear-at-idle system that allows the automated lift to be used at engine idle speed to enable saving up to a gallon of fuel an hour and allowing drivers to finish routes up to 20% faster.