The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. announced today it will continue to accept nominations for its 23rd annual North American Highway Hero program through Nov. 30. The Highway Hero program honors truckers who selflessly put themselves at risk to assist a fellow motorist.
“With the final deadline fast approaching, we don’t want to leave any driver out of consideration,” said Steve McClellan, Goodyear vp- commercial tire systems.
To be considered for this year’s award, the following criteria must be met:
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver;
- Nominee must be a resident of the United States or Canada;
- Incident recognized must have occurred in the United States or Canada;
- Nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work, and in his or her rig at the time of the incident;
- Nominee’s truck at the time of the incident must have 14 wheels or more;
- Incident must have taken place between Nov. 16, 2004, and Nov. 15, 2005.
Nomination forms and program details may be obtained by calling the Goodyear Highway Hero Hotline at 330-796-8183. The nomination form also is available on the program’s web site at www.goodyear.com/truck/whatsnew/heroes.html.
After four finalists are culled from that group, one individual will be selected to serve as the ambassador for the program as the Goodyear North American Highway Hero. The finalists will be invited to the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, KY, where they will be recognized for their actions.