The Truckload Carriers Assn. (TCA) has announced the division winners of its 2005 National Fleet Safety Awards. The awards recognize carriers that demonstrate a low accident rate per million miles as well as commitment to safety and accident reduction.
The awards recognized carriers from six different categories, based on miles driven.
The first place winners are:
- Division I (under 5 million miles): Knoxville, TN-based Specialty Transport, Inc.
- Division II (5-14.99 million miles): Newkirk, OK-based Glass TI, LLC
- Division III (15-24.99 million miles): Springfield, MI-based Christenson Transportation, Inc.
- Division IV (25-49.99 million miles): Denver, CO-based Western Distributing
- Division V (50-99.99 million miles): PQ, Canada-based Robert Transport
- Division VI (over 100 million miles): Indianapolis, IN-based Celadon Trucking Services
TCA will select two grand prize winning companies—one that is under the 25 million-mile category and one over—and announce them on March 14 at the TCA annual convention.