UPS Capital, the financial services arm of United Parcel Service, and GE Commercial Finance Fleet Services are joining forces to offer small companies a focused fleet management package at rates they say are more typically enjoyed by large firms.
The program applies to companies with a minimum of five vehicles, including light and heavy trucks, warehousing or work vehicles. In addition to providing financing and leasing services, GE Commercial manages the entire fleet operation--from vehicle ordering to repair to compliance management.
Some of the services available to UPS Capital customers through the new program include:
- Maintenance management to consolidate and manages repairs, costs and maintenance;
- Electronic fuel card to better manage fuel purchases;
- 24/7 accident services;
- Personal mileage and taxable benefits services, with Internet and phone-based reporting;
- RapidTag, a guaranteed registration program in which tags, stickers and plates are sent directly to drivers, eliminating multiple payments to governing agencies;
- Driver safety programs, including training for managers and drivers.
One benefit for UPS Capital’s small business customers is that they will be eligible for the GE Commercial discount. “It gives these entrepreneurs the best of both worlds, the benefits of being both small and big,” said Bob Bernabucci, president of UPS Capital. Beyond saving money, he added, the program enables small businesses to manage their accounts online with access to consolidated reporting, vehicle ordering, driver order management and other data.