Among the natural gas vehicles on display are:
- Freightliner Cascadia 113-in. BBC day cab equipped with the new Cummins Westport ISX12 G heavy-duty natural gas engine
- Freightliner 114SD set-back axle dump truck equipped with CNG
- Freightliner Business Class M2 112 LNG tractor
- Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation (FCCC) CNG walk-in van chassis
- Thomas Built Saf-T-Liner HDX CNG school bus
Also on display are the Cascadia CNG, a Freightliner Business Class M2 106 hybrid, an FCCC all-electric walk-in van and an FCCC hydraulic hybrid walk-in van. All will be featured in ACT Expo’s ride and drive event.
Freightliner Trucks will also kick off its first-ever heavy-duty CNG Cross Country Tour at ACT Expo. The tour takes a Cascadia 113-in. BBC day cab equipped with the new Cummins Westport ISX12 G heavy-duty natural gas engine to Freightliner Trucks dealerships throughout the U.S., ending in Washington, D.C. on May 24, 2012.
“The breadth of our alternative fuel product offerings is in response to market feedback – customers in every segment want environmentally-friendly solutions that enhance performance and we can meet that demand,” said David Hames, general manager, marketing and strategy for Daimler Trucks North America.
Hames will participate in ACT Expo’s “Investment Strategies for an Alternative Fuel Future: An NGV Industry Case Study” roundtable panel on Thursday, May 17, at 8:15 a.m.