TravelCenters of America, operator of TA and Petro Stopping Centers branded travel centers, is teaming up with the Truckload Carriers Assn. to host Health & Wellness events at 12 TA and Petro locations during National Truck Driver Appreciation and Wellness Week. All the events will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 18, and will include a Health Fair and an organized driver walk.
The Health Fairs will be held from 3-6 p.m. at each location, where information on how to live healthier will be provided to all professional driver attendees and families. At 7 p.m., walks will commence at all 12 locations’ StayFit walking trails. The walks will be in one-, two- or three-mile lengths.
The 12 TA and Petro sites that have been selected for the events are:
- Site 033, TA West Memphis, AR - I 40, Exit 260
- Site 225, TA Tonopah, AZ - I-10, Exit 103
- Site 026, TA Ontario East, CA - I-10, Exit 57
- Site 146, TA Cartersville, GA - I-75, Exit 296
- Site 236, TA Morris, IL - I-80, Exit 112
- Site 015, TA Lodi, OH - I-71, Exit 209
- Site 036, Petro Carlisle, PA - I-81, Exit 52/I-76, Exit 226
- Site 117, TA Antioch, TN - I-24, Exit 62
- Site 049, TA Rockwall, TX - I-3, Exit 68
- Site 060, TA Salt Lake City, UT - I-80, Exit 99
- Site 339, Petro Spokane, WA - I-90, Exit 272
Celebrities, local dignitaries and senior TA executives will be on hand to mingle with professional truck drivers and lead the events at many of the locations.
A partial list of key participants includes:
- Tom O’Brien, TravelCenters’ president & CEO, and Pete Thomas, winner of the “Biggest Loser” at the Lodi, Ohio TA
- John Ratzenberger, TV and movie star and radio voice of TA/Petro, at the Ontario East, California TA
- Lindsay Lawler, Nashville recording artist and TCA contributor, and Dave Nemo, Sirius/XM’s radio host at the Antioch, TN, TA
- Glenn Keller, professional truck driver and current weight loss contestant on CNN’s Fit Nation Triathlon Challenge event, at the Rockwall, TX, TA
- Jay Blake, IHRA blind pit crew chief at the Carlisle, Pennsylvania Petro
- Homer Hogg, TA/Petro senior technical trainer and guest expert on Dave Nemo’s Maintenance Matters on Sirius/XM Radio at the West Memphis, Arkansas TA.
“We are thrilled to participate in the TCA’s special focus on driver health during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week,” said Tom O’Brien, president & CEO of TravelCenters. “Our locations are uniquely qualified to host these driver walks and health fairs.”
The truck stop operator launched the StayFit program nearly three years ago to assist professional truck drivers in their quest for better health, O’Brien said. “Today, we have better-for-you meal and snack options, and free fitness rooms, walking trails, basketball courts, pet areas and more. We support the TCA’s effort to raise awareness of health issues affecting professional truck drivers and are active in the effort to improve their lives.”