Spireon has released its VehiclePath 2.0 User Interface (UI) along with a new VP2500 GPS device and VehiclePath website. VehiclePath is a GPS-based platform offering fleet owners and managers real-time intelligence.
“VehiclePath 2.0 changes the game with a host of upgrades designed to meet the demands of fleet owners,” said Gary Schneider, vice president & general manager of VehiclePath. “Among the many enhanced features, fleet owners will find the next-generation of VehiclePath to be even easier to use, more intuitive, and packed with more powerful functionality — all designed to drive our customers’ fleet performance as well as their bottom line.”
Among the enhanced features and functionality are:
- Completely new Graphical User Interface that’s easier to navigate and understand
- Simple, intuitive workflow designed to increase productivity and efficiencies
- Instant single-screen views of recent jobs, jobs statuses and messages
- Configurable control panel that allows users to meet their specific requirements with drag-and-drop ease, allowing users to save for future use
- New options that allow users to snap route line to roads and toggle among satellite views, conventional map views and Google street views
- Greater control over map views in the main map window
- Seamless, simplified integration with popular Garmin™ vehicle navigation and messaging devices
- A mini-dashboard on every screen showing fleet vehicle status summaries.
“The enhancements in VehiclePath 2.0 are the direct result of feedback we’ve heard from customers and from the fleet industry at-large,” said Schneider. “This next-generation solution is a reflection of Spireon’s commitment to involve our customer base in our technology development, and to ensure we continue innovating and introducing products that meet the changing needs of local fleet owners.”
The VP2500 Series fleet tracking devices operate via internal or external antenna and include enterprise class devices, three-year warranty, CDMA or GPRS technology for reliability to help streamline operations, reduce costs, and improve driver safety, Garmin navigation compatibility, multiple inputs and outputs, over-the-air configuration, and the capability to store and forward up to 20,000 data points.
To support both products, Spireon has launched a new VehiclePath website that include business tips in a video animation format featuring three-time Super Bowl winning coach of the Washington Redskins and three-time champion NASCAR cup series team owner Joe Gibbs demonstrating the value of VehiclePath. There is also a full-fledged media center including blogs, articles, press coverage and soon-to-be launched video library, and social media links to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.