Meritor WABCO recently released Toolbox 12, the newest version of its PC-based diagnostic software for anti-lock and electronic braking systems, plus hydraulic power brakes.
Other new features within Toolbox 12 include diagnostic protocols for the company’s OnGuard Active safety system, along with aftermarket electronic control unit (ECU) programming updates and an improved “quick-start” guide.
Meritor WABCO said it will also offer Toolbox 11 license holders a special $99 upgrade to Toolbox 12 for a limited time, while offering a discounted base price of $299 per license to new customers based on volume purchases.
The new Toolbox 12 software will also retain diagnostic capabilities for other Meritor WABCO systems, including its OnLane lane-departure warning package, SmartTrac stability control for tractors and trailers, and its OptiRide electronically controlled air suspension.
Other basic functions include:
- Static displays (ECU numbers) and dynamic displays (RPMs) for a system being tested
- Displays for active and stored system faults as well as appropriate repair instructions
- Activation of components to verify system integrity, correct component operation and installation wiring
- Direct digital access to product maintenance manuals
- Aftermarket ECU programming updates
"Vehicle uptime is a major industry focus, and Meritor WABCO is doing its part to improve fleet productivity by offering diagnostic tools that accommodate quick, accurate assessments and return vehicles to the road," said Stephen Hampson, the company’s president and GM, in a statement.