The TND tablet features truck-specific routing, mileage tracking, and an on-board dash cam plus pre-loaded applications to help manage the business of driving such as document scanning, load matching, and book-keeping assistance.
Because the device is on the Android platform, it enables drivers to check email, keep up with social media, and download entertainment on an 8-in. screen.
“Our goal was to create an indispensable tool for professional truck drivers,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. “The all-new device is able to handle the critical needs of drivers on the road – from award-winning navigation to business management, entertainment, and connections to home.”
The TND tablet provides all the features and functionality of the IntelliRoute TND GPS. These include:
- IntelliRoute TND truck-specific navigation software,
- Rand McNally's TripMaker planning tool that allows drivers to create a trip on the tablet and then push the route to the TND on the tablet for routing,
- An eBook edition of Rand McNally’s Motor Carriers' Road Atlas,
- An onboard dash cam that records video of the road ahead,
- An option to use the tablet for E-logs, when paired with Rand McNally’s HD 100.
The device also includes leading apps from industry-known providers, including:
- Fuel Manager, from Let’s Truck – an easy, efficient, tank-by-tank tracking of fueling costs (including partials) and mileage. This app helps drivers learn how to improve their trucks’ fuel performance.
- Profit Gauges, from Let’s Truck - the easiest accounting/bookkeeping system for owner-operators and company drivers alike includes overview screens for a quick business assessment, profit and loss statements, month end and tax reporting.
- Truck It Smart’s load board – allows real-time access for posting and searching loads or trucks. A proven, powerful and easy-to-use tool, this online freight-matching solution helps simplify logistics and increase profitability for shippers, brokers, and truckers.
- Transflo Mobile+ - provides a one-stop solution to speed cash flow and optimize communications between carriers, brokers and drivers by allowing scanning and submission of documents on the go (including accident and claims documents) using the tablet’s built-in camera.