DALLAS. -TomTom, a global provider of navigation devices, has now created a GPS designed for professional truckers in North America. The TomTom TRUCKER 600 features accurate, vehicle-relevant navigation, map updates and traffic analysis— for the lifetime of the device—all in one package, as company representatives demonstrated at the Great American Trucking Show here.
Along with the truck-safe routing—based on the user-set truck specs such as vehicle weight or trailer height, or HAZMAT freight—TRUCKER 600’s Bluetooth capability and the MyDrive web app, drivers can connect from a smart phone, tablet, or PC, plan their trips from the comfort of home, a truck stop, or the office, and when they climb into their cab the navigation device will be programmed, ready and waiting.
The TomTom TRUCKER 600 isn't only designed for professional driving though, as it can also be used in a driver’s personal vehicle: The device has a 6-inch touchscreen with tablet style pinch, zoom and swipe controls and it can be docked and undocked easily with the unique Click & Go magnetic mount.
- Lifetime Truck Maps - Always drive with the latest truck map at no extra cost.
- Truck Routing - Truck-specific routing based on size, weight, cargo and speed.
- Lifetime TomTom Traffic - Receive Lifetime TomTom Traffic throughout the United States and Canada.
- 6” Fully Interactive Screen - Simply pinch, zoom and swipe the interactive map to explore more of the world around you.
- Click & Go Mount - Dock and undock your device easily with the unique magnetic mount.
- Advanced Lane Guidance - Clearly see which lane to take at key junctions.
- Community POI - Easily load your favorite POIs on your device.
- Speak & Go - Control your device with your voice.
- Tap & Go - Tap on your favorite destination and you are on your way.
- Online Search - Search online to get even more Points of Interest.
- Route Bar - See essential traffic and travel information at a glance.
- Spoken Street Names - Helping you to keep your eyes on the road, spoken instructions now include street names, to make turning even clearer.
- Free Updates - Get innovative new features in our regular updates.
- TomTom MyDrive - Use MyDrive on smartphone, tablet or PC to easily send destinations to your TomTom Trucker 600.
- My Places - See your favorite locations on the map.
- My Routes - Store and access your favorite routes on your device.
The TomTom TRUCKER 600 will be available in September on tomtom.com with a $299 MSRP.