NEW YORK CITY. At an American Society of Business Publications awards dinner held here last night, FleetOwner was honored with six “Azbee” awards for either editorial or graphic design excellence.
The organization of business journalists awarded FleetOwner three National awards lauding the annual buyer’s guide and a major feature story for editorial excellence as well as a front cover for graphics excellence.
FleetOwner also received three Northeast Region Azbees, including awards for editorial and graphics excellence.
- Gold editorial award for Annual Buyer’s Guide: October 2009 issue to entire editorial staff.
- Gold graphics award for Front-Cover—Illustration: Sept. 2009 (Tires) to senior art director Dan Zeis.
- Silver editorial award for Case History: “The Case of the Dusty Lot” Sept. 2009 issue to editor-in-chief Jim Mele and senior editor Sean Kilcarr.
- Gold editorial award for Editorial/Editor’s Letter: “Editor’s Page” April & Oct 2009 issues to editor-in-chief Jim Mele.
- Silver graphics award for Opening Page/Spread—Computer-Generated: “The case of the Dusty Lot” Sept. 2009 issue to senior art director Dan Zeis.
- Bronze editorial award for Technical Article: “Lubricants”Pouring in Fuel Economy” Nov. 2009 issue to executive editor David Cullen.
In addition, FleetOwner sister publication American Trucker was honored with a National Gold Azbee editorial award for “Most Improved” publication.