Many fleets were understandably reluctant to move to electronic logging until the often-changed final Electronic Logging Device (ELD) regulation was actually published with a firm compliance deadline attached. Now that the rule is here at last, millions of fleets will be rushing to select, purchase and install ELDs — and then train their drivers and staff.
It’s time to jump in — and fast — if you hope to get the systems and the support you want in order to be ELD compliant on time. Fleet Owner’s free webinar, Time to Develop Your ELD Compliance Strategy—and Fast, sponsored by Telogis, is designed to give you a running start. Register today for the Thursday, Jan. 21, webinar, which is from 2-3 p.m. ET/11 a.m.-noon PT.
Join expert Annette Sandberg, CEO of TransSafe Consulting and former Administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to find out what you really need to know about the final ELD rulemaking, including:
- Who must comply with the new regulation and what are the exemptions?
- How can I tell if I am buying a compliant Electronic Logging Device (ELD)? Is there more than one kind?
- What other requirements were included in the regulation?
- How will the ELD regulation be enforced?
- When are affected companies and drivers required to comply?
- Does the ELD regulation affect fleet managers and dispatchers as well as drivers??
- What about rental and lease trucks? Do they need ELDs, too?