Dometic Group will showcase its line of truck comfort products at the upcoming Great American Trucking Show. The Dometic Truck Comfort line includes air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, air purifiers, cleaning supplies and battery and inverter boxes.
“Staying cool in hot weather, having cold drinks, fresh food, and a clean-smelling cab go a long way toward improving the quality of life for our customers. Fleet owners can use this line of products to not only bring the comforts of home to their vehicles, but also to save fuel, and attract drivers who are more productive, particularly on hard-to-staff routes,” said Mark Minatel, Dometic vice president of sales.
Featured items in the Dometic Truck Comfort line include:
- No-idle battery-powered air conditioning system. With diesel fuel at $3.75/gal. and an idling truck burning 1.1 gals. per hour, trucks running battery-powered A/C for 10 sleeping hours will save $41.25 in fuel costs per night versus idling the truck on diesel, Dometic said.
- CD-50 drawer refrigerator. For truck sleeper cabs in Class 8 trucks, this drawer refrigerator has a 50-liter total capacity including a 4-liter freezer compartment that can hold three large meals. The freezer compartment is removable to fit more or larger items needing refrigeration only. The CD-50 is connection-ready for 12/24V DC operation, and has low-voltage protection.
- CD-30 drawer refrigerator. This drawer refrigerator is ideal for installation under a seat, in an outside storage compartment, or anywhere a front-loading refrigerator cannot fit. It requires less than 10 inches of height for installation and the easy-pull drawer has a 30-liter total capacity. Roller-bearing slides ensure smooth and easy access.
- CF Series portable coolers. This line of portable coolers with convenient carrying handles can act as refrigerators or freezers. In sizes from 10 to 107 liters, they can be set from zero to 50 degrees F using the soft-touch control panel with digital temperature display. With versatile power options, the CF coolers can plug into a cigarette lighter or be wired into the cab, running on 120V AC power, or a 12V or 24V power source.
- Breathe Easy air purifier (portable or in-duct). These highly efficient air purifiers combine two technologies – ultraviolet light and innovative photocatalytic nanomesh technology – to eliminate odors, tobacco smoke, harmful bacteria and pollutants, and may reduce symptoms of allergies and asthma.
- Odor absorb supreme. This convenient, simple-to-use product can be placed anywhere in your cab to remove the toughest smoke, gasoline, pet, urine and mildew odors. It contains a scientifically unique blend of neutralizers that also remove formaldehyde from the air.
- Battery and inverter boxes. Available in five sizes, Dometic battery and inverter boxes provide a dry and secure place for the batteries and inverter that power Dometic HVAC systems for trucks. These rugged aluminum boxes install in minutes and are available empty or fully loaded with the essential power components.
“With experience across the entire transportation sector, our mission is to make it easier for truck fleets and their drivers to reach their destinations in comfort, and in the most economically and environmentally sustainable way possible,” said Minatel.