This week at the Waste Expo show in Las Vegas, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. showed off a new waste haul tire it said will become the “go-to” tire for waste hauling fleets in North America.
The Endurance WHA features a combination of a new, scrub-resistant compound and a deep, 24/32-in. tread depth to deliver more miles to removal, the company said.
“Goodyear wants to help waste haul fleets lower their operating costs, and the new Endurance WHA will do just that by offering more miles to removal and other important benefits,” says Andrea Russell, brand manager for Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems.
The tire is optional with Goodyear’s DuraSeal Technology, which seals nail-hole punctures of up to ¼ in. in diameter in the repairable area of a truck tire’s tread.
“Our goal is to provide the Total Solution for waste haul fleets, including premium new tires and retreads, world-class service and support, and smart business tools to help fleets become more profitable,” said Russell.
The WHA also features:
- New sidewall protector shingles to help resist sidewall scuffing in high-scrub applications, which will help enhance casing life;
- A steel belt and casing package for enhanced toughness, endurance and retreadability;
- An optimized shoulder design to help direct pressure away from the tire’s outer tread, which promotes uniform tread wear;
- Four wide circumferential grooves for all-season traction on wet, snow-covered and dry roads in stop/start waste haul truck applications;
- A wide footprint to enhance cornering and handling when used on local streets.
The tire will be available in the fourth quarter of this year in size 315/80R22.5 in Load Range L.