Kiene Diesel introduces a safe and cost effective way to remove a one piece clutch brake, the company announced. The tool eliminates the torch method and the need to pull the transmission.
The K-1360 Kit includes a drill guide, drills, and a chisel and is available from the manufacturer Kiene Diesel Accessories.
How it works:
1. Position drill guide on clutch brake.
2. Hold down clutch pedal so that tool and clutch brake are clamped together tightly.
3. Drill through clutch brake up to collar.
4. Remove bushing.
5. Finish cut with the chisel.
6. Rotate clutch brake and repeat process for the other side.
According to the company, the kit means: “No more torching the clutch brake (or yourself). No need to pull transmission. The safe and cost effective way to remove a one-piece clutch brake.”