Polaris Commercial has designed a line of utility task vehicles (UTVs) purpose-built for work: the new PRO XD.
The PRO XD line from Polaris offers three diesel-powered models built to withstand the tough duty cycles and usage on the worksite, boasting industry-leading payload and towing capabilities and unmatched durability, serviceability and safety tailored to the commercial working customer.
“Polaris Commercial is laser-focused on delivering best-in-class capability, durability, serviceability, and safety to drive increased productivity for commercial work needs, missions, and markets. We listened, learned, and leveraged our nearly 65 years in this business and now we’re delivering the absolute best new UTV optimized for work,” said John Olson, vice president and general manager of Polaris Commercial. “These new vehicles will deliver huge value to our hard-working customers in the rental, construction, commercial and government sectors.”
The PRO XD provides industry-leading payload of 1,930 lbs, towing of 2,500 lbs, according to Polaris. Extensive research with rental, government and construction industry leaders showed that customer productivity and profitability in work environments who use UTVs are driven by vehicle durability, serviceability and safety — which is exactly what the PRO XD provides. The vehicle models are the two-passenger PRO XD 2000D, which is available in either two-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, and the four-passenger PRO XD 4000D available in all-wheel drive.
“Our expansive commercial and military customer base operate Polaris vehicles in the harshest environments around the world,” said Sean Cheatham, vice president of product development, strategy, and marketing at Polaris Commercial. “And we have incorporated their feedback into the development of the PRO XD.”
The Polaris PRO XD is engineered with industry-leading, long-lasting and robust components, which the company says decreases downtime, lowers the cost of replacement parts and reduces maintenance labor:
- Kubota industrial diesel engine
- All-new rigid chassis design for industry-leading payload and towing
- Rust-free and dent-resistant composite bed, large enough to fit a fullsize pallet
- Heavy-duty, sealed driveline components to increase resistance from corrosive conditions
- Reinforced seat base and heavy-duty seat material for the industry’s most puncture- and tear-resistant seat
- Industry-first, 26-inch, non-directional job site tire designed for puncture resistance and longer life on hard-packed surfaces
The ability to easily identify issues and conduct simple service tasks on a vehicle at the job site is critical to keeping the machine running efficiently and delivering a better return on investment. The Polaris PRO XD is designed to increase vehicle lifespan and optimize uptime.
- Engine maintenance intervals doubled to 200 hours — Polaris is the only vehicle brand to offer this standard on a diesel UTV — the result is less time and money spent on oil changes and extended use time
- Improved vehicle fault alarms to notify users of potential issues that could cause serious damage to the vehicle. Alarms include low oil pressure, parking brake engagement, belt burn, and engine overheat
- Relocated dipstick and air filter for easiest service maintenance through side access without the need to raise the bed
- Front air intake for clean air ingestion, improved air filter life, consistent engine power and durability
- Two-seat, two-wheel drive offering for driveline service simplicity
- Polaris PULSETM Connector simplifies the process of adding electronic accessories like lights and radios to the vehicle’s power source, simplifying accessory installation and enhancing upfit possibilities
Safety is a major focus on job sites to prevent losses and enhance effectiveness. Reducing accidents and injuries, avoiding mishaps, and enhancing situational awareness are key focus areas for our Polaris Commercial customers. That’s why the Polaris PRO XD incorporates safety features to stay at the forefront of job site compliance.
- Industry-first orange seat belts and vehicle decals to improve vehicle visibility to surrounding workers and job site supervisors
- Backup alarm, horn and parking brake standard
- Vehicle starts only in Park with brake enabled
- Industry’s widest foot wells to easily enter/exit vehicle with real work boots and gear
- Speed limited to 26 miles per hour for job site compliance, with additional speed limiting capabilities down to 15 miles per hour for slower jobsite requirements driven by safety critical operations
- Engine Braking System (EBS) for slow decent down hills
- Fully sealed cab to prevent dust ingestion. This also makes the cab quieter thereby reducing noise hazards and fatigue.