As of Aug. 10 and up until Aug. 21, truckers who think they have the best looking truck around can prove it by entering the 38th annual Shell Rotella SuperRigs virtual “beauty contest.” Winners will be announced daily from Sept. 14 to 18 to celebrate National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. The event was originally scheduled for early June but delayed and made digital due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visit the SuperRigs web page for rules and entry.
“North American truck drivers have faced unprecedented challenges on the road this year and we appreciate the essential work they do every day,” said Annie Peter, North American marketing manager, Shell Rotella. “We believe it is important to hold Shell Rotella SuperRigs in order to celebrate and highlight their hard work and to showcase many of the amazing looking trucks that are on the road. Drivers will be able to post photos and videos to highlight their truck and share its story with the trucking community.”
Contestants can submit 10 photos and two videos of up to two minutes long. They can use the hashtags #SuperRigs and #contest on their social media submissions.
Judging will be done by experienced trucking experts in both print and broadcast media and take place from Aug. 24 to Sept. 4. All winners will receive MyMilesMatter reward points and a limited-edition Shell Rotella jacket.
The awards for 2020 Shell Rotella SuperRigs include:
- Best of Show (three awards)
- Tractor Division (three awards)
- Tractor Trailer Division (three awards)
- Classic Division (three awards)
Two additional categories include:
- Most Hardworking Trucker: Contestants interested in competing for the award may enter during the online registration process and tell their personal story of how they worked hard over the past year. SuperRigs judges will select the winner.
- People’s Choice: Contestants and spectators can register their vote for the award. Everyone is encouraged to browse all of the entries on the website to find the truck they like the best and then cast their vote. Voting for People’s Choice will take place Aug. 24 through Sept. 4, and participants may vote one time per day, per email address.
Entry prep tips include:
- Contestant Information: First and last name, street address (PO Boxes are prohibited), city, state/province/territory, ZIP Code/Postal Code, country (US or Canada), valid e-mail address, telephone number, cellular phone number (optional).
- Select a“Judging Category:” Tractor Trailer, Tractor and Classic List there any specific features of his/her Working Truck that he/she would like the Judges (defined in Rule 5) to focus on, feature notes (optional).
- List any specific features of his/her working truck that he/she would like the judges (defined in Rule 5) to focus on, feature notes (optional).
- Truck Information: vehicle’s license plate number, year, make and model, (tractor only, what are the dimensions or if tractor/trailer, what are the overall dimensions?), Driver CDL number, DOT number or Canadian governmental equivalent for Canadian contestants, truck nickname (optional), and total mileage.
- Upload an image of his/her original government Issued vehicle registration card and odometer.
- Upload up to 10 images and/or two videos of his/her vehicle.
One final tip: Truckers needn’t have to have a Peterbilt to win, but as evidenced by last year’s winners, it sure helps.