Updated annually with new routes and critical state safety information, the new edition includes content uniquely tailored to the business of the over-the-road commercial truck driver. The 2014 edition includes:
- Revised state and province maps, including updated mileages in the state mileage guides;
- Updated highways showing the latest truck roadways as designated by the Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA), also known as “designated” highways;
- Coverage of hazardous materials regulations;
- A 22-page mileage directory with more than 40,000 truck-route-specific, city-to-city mileages;
- Fully updated state and province charts including more than 400 changes to truck-specific state contacts – such as operating authority contacts, emergency police, and vehicle registration.
“The adoption of in-cab technology such as Rand McNally’s truck navigation devices has not diminished the popularity of the Rand McNally Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally. “It remains the indispensable in-cab resource for commercial truck drivers in North America. Although drivers may have a truck-specific GPS device, they still prefer to keep a Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas in the cab for at-a-glance safety information and to see the big picture.”
The Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas is available in paperback and a spiral-bound, laminated Deluxe version.