No longer just a subject of the science fiction genre, fears regarding cybersecurity and motor vehicles are a present reality. Cars and trucks today are more like "computers on wheels," as they rely more and more on technology for performance and convenience than ever before. For fleet professionals, the rapid growth of vehicle connectivity presents challenges, as well as opportunities.
NAFA will be conducting the webinar Fleet Management and the Connected Vehicle on this subject Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 10:30 a.m. ET.
Speakers for this webinar will be:
- Patrick O'Connor: NAFA's Legislative Counsel in Washington D.C. and President of Kent & O'Connor
- Jeff Jeter: NAFA's Vice President and Fleet Manager, Chesterfield County
- Oleg Cytowicz: NAFA's Board of Delegates Vice Chair and Global Fleet Lead Senior Analyst NA Fleet Ops, Unilever
- Robert Martinez: NAFA's U.S. Government Representative and Deputy Commissioner, NYPD
Attendees will learn:
- The contents of the NHTSA/FBI March 2016 bulletin
- The distinction between security concerns and privacy issues
- The need for fleet access to OBD-II Port access
- How NAFA is contributing to the cybersecurity debate